Sunday, January 29, 2006

the day before back to work for dad

Later this evening, Zoe will be 10 days old. Mom and I are enjoying this last day of my "birth vacation" together. Tomorrow I have to go back to work, which seems a bit surreal, but there are just things you gotta do in life. I keep telling myself that I have the perfect job as a teacher to be a parent. I am usually home a few minutes after 3 p.m. every day and I have summer off (of course), but also 10-12 days off for christmas, etc. So I am thinking that this monday will suck, but that it will get easier with each day and especially since I have some time off in March and Easter break to look forward to in the near future. I have a "brag book" full of pictures to take tomorrow to school to show my fellow teachers, but I don't think I'll be able to look at them this week. I even have 2 empty picture frames on my desk that will probably stay that way, at least for a week until I can look at her picture without tearing up when I am away from her. Wish me luck tomorrow! Oh yeah, tomorrow we take Zoe back to the doctor's for a check up and to see how much weight she has put back on since she is supposed to get back to her birth weight within 2 weeks. She has been eating like crazy, so that shouldn't be a problem for her. Ok, enjoy some new pictures.


K.






2 comments:

Alicia Shoop said...

good luck heading back to class! i cant wait to see her, she is so cute.

SOLANGE said...

Hope school was alright for you, did you tell your kids in class?
I think you guys should put on that Funny Bunny picture on here - so cute! Glad you guys liked my package.
Solange.